Xen guests (was Re: [NBLUG/talk] Linux v. Free BSD

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Tue Apr 10 15:10:18 PDT 2007

Actually, vmware has a free version now, and it works great, I use it
at work for testing new installs.

Check http://www.vmware.com/products/free_virtualization.html  for more details.

It just isn't open source.  And the nice thing is it is also NOT crippleware.

-Steve

On 4/10/07, Jacob Appelbaum <jake at nblug.org> wrote:
> Steve Johnson wrote:
> > You can run vmware instead, it does not have this requirement.
> >

> While I'm think vmware has it's place, it's worth mentioning that it's
> not free. Both in terms of free software and cost. A fairly complex Xen
> setup would be a costly vmware ESX purchase. And thanks to Xen-shell
> (http://xen-tools.org/software/xen-shell/), management isn't terribly
> difficult.
>
> -
> jake

Blog - http://www.fratm.com/index.php/User:Fratm
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu