[NBLUG/talk] Fwd: Can you recommend someone for this job?

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 08:15:47 PDT 2007

FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: August Schwer <augie at sonic.net>
Date: Aug 1, 2007 9:53 AM
Subject: Can you recommend someone for this job?
To: August Schwer <augie.schwer at gmail.com>

  If you have a moment, I'd appreciate your help. Please take a look and
forward this job on to anyone you think would be interested in the position,
or anyone else who could help me find a great candidate.

Thanks for your help!
-Augie

Company: Sonic.net
Job Title: Jr. Linux/UNIX System Administrator

Position: Jr. Linux/UNIX System Administrator

Administrator to join our team. We maintain a large scale heterogeneous
environment of Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD systems. There will be quite a bit
of out of the box thinking, problem resolution and solid methodical
troubleshooting of various systems, including OS, hardware and or network
related issues.

Primary Responsibilities:

* Server tuning, maintenance, trouble-shooting and deployment.
* Create tools to automate daily tasks.
* Assist in deployment of new services and features.
* Support existing infrastructure.

Job Requirements:

* Experience troubleshooting and maintaining common x86 hardware.
* Perl, php, C/C++, or shell programming experience.
* Should be self motivated and willing to learn.

Special Consideration Will Be Given to Candidates with the Following:

* Hands on Linux/UNIX systems administration experience for Linux and BSD
variants.
* Experience supporting 24/7 high availability production services.
* Knowledge of common protocols like SMTP, POP, IMAP, DNS, FTP and HTTP.
* Experience working at an ISP or ASP.  *LinkedIn Jobs*  • Forward
this job<http://www.linkedin.com/e/Tlzl1zauZq_f4_viY7ulj42vZ_0RrlUh8ae/blk/182183728_2/38Td3cMe34Lc3ARe30VdyYOnPwOdPcUcj8UciYPd38Md3cLpC9GbOYWrSlI/jbf/>

This email was sent to you by August Schwer (augie at sonic.net) through
LinkedIn because August Schwer thought you might be interested in this job
opening or know people who would be interested in applying.

If you wish to change how you receive future job notifications, please click
here <https://www.linkedin.com/e/jns/>.

If you have any questions, please contact customer_service at linkedin.com.

(c) 2007, LinkedIn Corporation

--