[NBLUG/talk] SUSE the best?

Bob Blick bbblick at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 2 12:35:07 PDT 2007

--- Edward <roble at sonic.net> wrote:
> I've been canvassing the different distros the past
> couple of years for
> the best possible one for a /beginner/ like me. It
> appears that SUSE is
> the best. Any feedback from this forum?

Ahh, religion, my favorite topic :)

I take it you have already decided on KDE as your
desktop, good choice.

SUSE used to be my favorite distro, until about
version 10, when I decided any distro that installed
Beagle by default had to be headed by a brainless
commitee. Add to that their use of reiserfs(and its
inability to recover data corrupted by dying
hardware).

Since then I've been using Kubuntu and haven't looked
back.

Cheerful regards,

Bob