[NBLUG/talk] [SoCoSA/discuss] PostgreSQL Replication?

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Thu Dec 13 08:04:34 PST 2007

Hi Augie,

Another way to do it that a friend of mine deployed for a company that
managed large-scale storage for the Big Three auto companies used Postgres
with Slony-I for replication (http://slony.info). He actually deployed a
Debian/Postgres/Slony-I solution to replace an AIX/Oracle solution that was
currently in place and had only good things to say about it.

And of course if the data is on a SAN you could always go for SAN
replication, but that's an expensive option.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President
kyle at nblug.org