[NBLUG/talk] Window Manager/ Desktop Environment...

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Tue Dec 18 11:14:14 PST 2007

This is more of an X11 question than Linux (since I'm unable to get
Linux to run stable on my VIA EPIA EN15000G, I'm running NetBSD instead).

I've got X11 working (so far with just the VESA driver, but I'm working
on building the OpenChrome ones) and now I'm starting to look around for
a lightweight window manager/desktop environment.  I'm more of a
NeXTStep/Mac guy than Windows, so the environment certainly doesn't have
  to be especially windows-like.  Light-weight is good.  I don't
anticipate doing a whole lot of GUI stuff on this system, as it's my
replacement server for my Cobalt RaQ2+ server that doesn't have anything
GUI on it at all...  I'm just thinking it might be nice to have a
working X11 setup so if I need Ethereal or some other tool that's GUI
only I'd be ready.

Any opinions?

Robert
--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544