[NBLUG/talk] Ideal laptop for Linux?

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Fri Dec 28 23:55:26 PST 2007

On 12/28/07, mendozae at sonoma.edu <mendozae at sonoma.edu> wrote:

> My wife and I and our 13 y/o daughter are ready for a sorely needed laptop.
>
> Which is the best laptop for a Linux distro? For that matter, which is the
> best distro for a laptop? And where can I best find such a laptop?
> Although I prefer to use a second hand laptop, I'm open to the idea of
> buying a brand new one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Edward

I'm quite happy with my Dell XPS M1210, I installed Ubuntu on it and
everything 'just works' :)

Also Dell now sells laptops with Ubuntu installed from the factory,
can't do much better than that.  :)

-Steve

Blog - http://www.fratm.com/index.php/User:Fratm
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu