[NBLUG/talk] Systems Administrator - Linux - 1-3 years exp. San Francisco, CA.

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Mon Dec 31 08:22:18 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 08:03:19PM -0800, Walter Hansen wrote:
> I personally like seeing job listings so long as they are relevant. The
> listings should not be repeated more than once a month and the subject
> should clearly identify the listing.
>
> Lincoln Peters wrote:
> > Here's an idea for a compromise: could we set up a separate mailing
> > list for job postings?  That way, if a member is interested in seeing
> > the job postings, he/she can subscribe to that list, and receive them
> > along with the usual NBLUG stuff, and those who don't want to see job
> > postings don't need to.

It's certainly a tough balance, because I'm sure some people on the list
are interested in finding out about Linux-based jobs in the area.
Experience has shown that segregating too much in our mailing lists doesn't
really work too well.

Personally I haven't seen much abuse from people in terms of job postings
on the list--we seem to see maybe one a month if that--so I'm reluctant to
implement a solution if there isn't much of a problem. That having been
said, if enough of you do feel the current rate of job postings on the list
is an imposition, please let me know (either on this thread or you can send
me a personal email if you want some anonymity) and I can make sure it is
on the agenda for the next board meeting.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President
kyle at nblug.org