[NBLUG/talk] New Compaq sr2150nx - Linux can't find SATA drive

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Fri Feb 2 15:41:18 PST 2007

Update:

First off, thanks to everyone for the help so far.  This mailing list (&
open source cooperation in general) are why I was able to think "Sure -
I haven't bothered to research whether Linux will install on this
machine, but I'm sure it'll all work out."

I plunked the latest knoppix (5.1.1) into the new box and it found the
drive without a problem.  I 've downloaded 4 of the 5 fc6 ISOs with
Vista/IE (I feel dirty, of course).  I will look through the suggestions
given so far re: burning ISOs w/out Nero (No way am I buying anything).

My hope is that the 2.6.18 kernel in FC6 will do as well as the 2.6.19
kernel in Knoppix in terms of finding the SATA drive - does anyone out
there think differently?

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again!

-dave.

--
Dave Sisley
dsisley at sonic.net