[NBLUG/talk] New non-profit, community colo open in San Francisco

Steve Johnson fratm at adnd.com
Thu Feb 15 10:25:26 PST 2007

Hmm, I thought the original post was just spam, so I wouldn't expect a
reply.

I don't care if your wares on not for profit, he was still soliciting
something that I did NOT ask to be contacted about, so in my book, this
was UCE, and the guy should be removed from the list.. But this is not
my decision.

Oh and Scott.. I want an EFF hat!! Where'd you get that?!?!?

-Steve

(Yes I know I top posted.. to lazy to trim..)

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:09:03AM -0800, Scott Doty wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 04:42:23PM -0800, Ian wrote:
> > Hello North Bay LUG folks,
> >
> > We are writing because we think that sysadmins up in the North Bay
> > would be interested in a new non-commercial, community network with a
> > colocation facility in downtown San Francisco.
>
> Spiffy!  But:
>
> > A corporate colo probably would have forced the client to
> > comply with Diebold's lawyers.
>
> Buddy, that kind of ticks me off.  Not only is that a cheap shot, but you
> don't seem to realize we (Sonic.net) have been donating space and bandwidth
> to NBLUG since their inception.  So you've earned a couple of penetrating
> questions:
>
> ...so for how long have you been CISPA members?
>
> ...so how much did you give to the EFF last year?
>
> ...so how many NBLUG presentations have you presented?
>
> Seriously, it really peeves me that, somehow, those who incorporate don't
> have souls.  Get a grip, pally!
>
> Full disclosure, dude!  Please reply in the list!
>
>  -Scott "don't make me open up a can of whuup-ass..." Doty
> Co-founder, VP, & CTO, Sonic.net, Inc.
> Tamer of various bits and bytes.
> Creator of the Sonic.net time machine.
> Beryl wielder.
> "My desktops and personal servers run Fedora Core 6 -- a desktop that has
> reached critical mass.  Oh?  You're running Vista?  How quaint!"
> http://ponzo.net/eff.jpg

 "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu
 |C8H10N4O2|