[NBLUG/talk] The curse of intermittent USB failures strikes again!

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Sat Jan 13 11:58:42 PST 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:08:14PM -0800, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> What I have noticed is that these failures are following an interesting
> pattern: they only seem to manifest themselves in January and sometimes early
> February.  And, no, I don't think there's anything unique about how I use
> this computer during that time of year (at least not anything that would make
> a difference to computer hardware).

The dates do seem weird, and I'd be tempted to discount that data point
entirely except that I have seen weirder things.  I can't believe I'm even
going to suggest this, but did you try setting your hardware clock to, say
June?   Don't forget to temporarily disconnect from any NTP servers.

Failing that, get a shaman or a new mobo.

-t