[NBLUG/talk] OT - Quick and dirty PDF to PNG

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Wed Jan 24 11:55:59 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 11:32:07AM -0800, Mark Street wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a good util to convert a PDF to a PNG?  I automatically
> thought of pdf2png ... but nothing is coming up that looks good..

gs -sOutputFile=foo-%d.png -sDEVICE=pnggray foo.pdf

To see all the gs device choices:
echo 'devicenames ==' | gs
I didn't see anything that sounded like a color png, but there's other color
image formats you could convert.  The %d makes a separate file for each
page.

This works with GhostScript 7.07 -- Probably not with something earlier than
7.x, but I'm really not sure when they added PDF support to gs.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder
Jabber/XMPP/GTalk: freiheit at gmail.com