[NBLUG/talk] Wifi Doesn't Work

matt matt at cfxnetworks.com
Sun Jan 28 20:32:47 PST 2007

OK, so here's the breakdown. I've been putting this off, but I think it's time
to figure it out.

I have a Lenovo T60 laptop with an Atheros wifi chipset. For some reason, the
wifi doesn't work. It is able to scan and discover all the available access
points, but when I try to connect to one, it continues to say "Access Point:
Not-Associated". Then, when I try "dhclient" to get an IP, it never receives
a request. I do this in the same room with other people who are able to
connect to the router, so the problem is obviously on my end.

I'm using madwifi drivers for the chip. I have used iwconfig, wlassistant, and
knetworkmanager to no avail. I have Fedora Core 6 installed, and it doesn't
get the job done. I tried a Kubuntu Edgy live CD, and that doesn't work
either. I then tried Ubuntu Edgy, and Gnome doesn't even recognize the wifi
card.

Ideas?
--
Valê,