[NBLUG/talk] Refilling toner cartridges

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 30 15:00:59 PST 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 19:32, mike wrote:
> If you buy a certified HP cart, there should be on the box instructions
> for mailing back the old one, free of charge. Meaning: do not destroy
> the box, it's your shipping container.

I don't have the original boxes.  The cartridges I'm using now are secondhand
(they have been refilled at least once).

Interestingly, the only times these used cartridges have given me problems has
been when they were running low (they would create a dark streak on the
printout, which would gradually get bigger until the entire page was
darkened).  But since I never put new cartridges with the printer (I got it
used, and it included the cartridges), I don't know if that issue was
specific to the used cartridges or a problem with cartridges running low in
general.

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

If you push the "extra ice" button on the soft drink vending machine, you
won't get any ice.  If you push the "no ice" button, you'll get ice, but no
cup.