[NBLUG/talk] Trying to use XEN in Fedora 7

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 13:47:47 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've upgraded to Fedora 7, installed Xen, booted into the Xen kernel,
started the Xen manager, and oops, I can't install my Windows O/S from disk.

[image: {i}] Installation must be a network type. It is not possible to
install from a local disk or CDROM. It is possible, however, to set up an
installation tree on the host OS and then export it as an NFS share.

So, what is an installation tree and how do I set one up?  I at least know
what an NFS share is and have used it in Solaris, though not Linux.  If
someone knows the whole procedure though, it would save me looking that part
up too.  :-)

Thanks,
Jack

--
English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.