[NBLUG/talk] Firefox seems to eat up memory

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 06:30:27 PDT 2007

I keep multiple tabs open on Firefox all of the time, switching back
and forth and using them to check multiple sites.  Memory use slowly
increases until after a week or so, I'm above 80%, at which point
Firefox starts hanging.  If I close and restart Firefox I usually drop
back down below 50% and everything is fine.  (This is why I suspect
Firefox.)  If I ignore things until I'm above 90% I'll get to a point
where everything starts locking up and I have to restart the machine.

This isn't a real problem, I just need to check things every so often,
but I wonder if anyone else has run into anything similar?  I use
Firefox 2.0.0.3

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.1.3)
Gecko/20070417 Fedora/2.0.0.3-4.fc7

on Fedora 7, though the same thing happened with Fedora 6.

Thanks,
Jack

--
English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.