[NBLUG/talk] Samba and Windows

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Sat Jun 9 23:18:46 PDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 07:01:15PM -0700, Tim Preston wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Using Suse10.0 and setting up Samba. I can see the shares available from
> an XP box but can not log into the Suse box. I wondered if one of you
> might help me walk through troubleshooting this problem. Does it sound
> like a user right, or a authentication issue? How can I tell?

the best place to start would be to 'tail -f' the appropriate samba log
file as you attempt to mount the share.  The logs are most likely in
/var/log/samba/.  There should be a specific logfile for your xp client --
either named by IP or the computer's name.  The shotgun approach, of
course, is tail -f /var/log/samba/*,

-troy