[NBLUG/talk] How to configure Xorg for a 1080p display?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 18 14:46:09 PDT 2007

On Sunday 17 June 2007 18:39, Andrew wrote:
> I just had a peek at the 810 datasheet
> ( http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/810/810e.htm ). On page
> 15 it says that the graphics controller can do 1600x1200
> progressive. Looks like you're going shopping.

I probably won't be just buying a video card.  I tried playing a video on
YouTube, and while it looked OK on a 1360x768 display, it used nearly 100% of
the CPU.  So I suspect that anything, more sophisticated or the same, on a
1920x1080 display would be overwhelming for it.  I probably need a whole new
computer for this.

On the other hand, it seems to run Rhythmbox just fine (and it's connected to
the same 5-speaker system as the rest of the entertainment system), and even
at less-than-full resolution, it's still fun to look at less GPU-intensive
websites such as <http://www.icanhascheezburger.com/>...

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Sinners can repent, but stupid is forever.