[NBLUG/talk] Linux Questions for next month's talk

highenergy09-linux at yahoo.com highenergy09-linux at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 14:48:14 PST 2007

As Mark Street informed us in class last night, the Windsor Unified School
District just switched over to Linux.  Since this is for newbies, maybe we
should let them know about the topic (in case they are not already on this
mailing list).  Teachers, students, etc. could be interested.

Kevin Ablett

Lincoln Peters <sampln at sbcglobal.net> wrote: On Thursday 01 March 2007 20:04, Kyle Rankin wrote:
> Since next month's general meeting is so close to the Installfest, we
> thought it might be a good idea to aim the meeting towards getting started
> with Linux. The plan is to have a very short talk about what Linux is,
> followed by a question/answer section. This is where you come in. While we
> could just open up the meeting for questions, we thought it might work out
> better if we have people submit Linux questions to this thread, and then we
> will pick and answer some of the questions at the general meeting.

I won't be able to make it to the meeting (I have a class at that time), but
one thing that seemed to give me problems when I first switched to Linux was
setting up printers.  I think a lot of potential switchers would be
interested in how to set up printers under Linux.

--
Lincoln Peters

Stop searching forever.  Happiness is just next to you.