[NBLUG/talk] install fest

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Tue Mar 6 10:56:48 PST 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 11:43:07AM -0700, dogstar wrote:
> I'd like to learn about installing Linux applications.
>
> I can install Linux... these days it often installs itself.  What's holding me
> back from a Microsoft-free computing environment is lack of applications.
> Music processing would be an example - CD ripping, burning, etc.
>
> I can put Linux - say Debian or Knoppix - on my HP laptop, although I can't
> make the built in wireless work.  Would it be appropriate for the install fest
> to work on installing one or more applications?  Will there be facilities for
> downloading?  I'd like to become familiar with the process.
>
> Comments requested.
>
> Thanks from Marty Kamp.

Many of these are topics that we are going to cover in our talk next
Tuesday so anyone who is interested in answers to these sorts of questions
should definitely attend. And yes if you do need some assistance setting up
things like built-in wireless, please sign up for the installfest and state
the type of help you need and we can assist you in setting it up.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President
kyle at nblug.org