[NBLUG/talk] newbie

Jippen cheetahmorph at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 02:16:41 PDT 2007

Hiya. Wish I could have made it to the meeting tonight, but it
conflicts with my classes. I've yet to come to one, although I try to
be helpful on the mailing list.

Sometimes, the exact printer model won't show up on the list, so its
best to check the hplip site ( http://htlip.sf.net ). Your printer
does show up on the list, so you may just have an out-of-date program.
Check in synaptic to make sure you are running at least version 1.6.6

On 3/14/07, rassilon <rassilon at whovian.zapto.org> wrote:
> Hi.  I'm new to NBLUG and Linux.  I hope to move over to linux
> exclusively as soon as possible.  I was at the meeting tonight & got a
> lot of helpful information.
>
> I was watching the segment on printer installation under gnome (I
> believe it was Ubuntu, which I am running) and tried the same with my
> new printer (an HP Photosmart C3180).  I couldn't find it on the list of
> printers on the install screen.  I can't remember everything from the
> meeting, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can find the
> driver for that & get it installed.
>
> --Rassilon...

Need a certified computer technicician?
Comptia A+, Network+