[NBLUG/talk] Re: Installfest - Sat. 3/17

Chris Wagner waggie at waggie.net
Fri Mar 16 14:35:57 PDT 2007

On PATA hard drives and CDROMs, Pin 1 is almost universally oriented
right next to the power connector, so the wire with the stripe on it
should be next to the power connector (or closest to it, at anyrate).
This is assuming that the cable is plugged in to the motherboard
correctly, of course.  I've never seen a computer fried by having an IDE
cable plugged in opposite of how it should be.

- Chris