[NBLUG/talk] OT: System Administrator Position in Santa Rosa

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Sun May 13 09:04:30 PDT 2007

FYI: Sonic.net is looking for System Administrators.

http://sonic.net/jobs/unix_sys_admin.shtml

join our team. We maintain a large scale heterogeneous environment of
Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD systems. There will be quite a bit of out
of the box thinking, problem resolution and solid methodical
troubleshooting of various systems, including OS, hardware and or
network related issues.

Primary Responsibilities:

    * Routine server tuning, maintenance, trouble-shooting and deployment.
    * Deployment of new services and features.
    * Create tools to automate daily tasks.
    * Participate in after-hours on-call rotation.

Job Qualifications:

    * Hands on UNIX systems administration experience for Linux and
BSD variants.
    * Experience supporting 24/7 high availability production services.
    * In depth knowledge of common protocols like SMTP, POP, IMAP,
DNS, FTP and HTTP.
    * In depth knowledge troubleshooting common x86 server hardware.
    * Proven programming and/or scripting experience (perl, php, c and shell).
    * Experience with network troubleshooting, design, security and
management a plus.
    * Should be self motivated and able to meet goals with little oversight.

Other Requirements:

    * Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm
    * On-call rotation

Benefits:

    * Health Plans
    * Dental Plan
    * Educational Benefits
    * 401(k)
    * High Speed Internet Access
    * Casual work environment

How to Apply: 	Submit resume in plain text format, with no attachments
to sysadmin at sonic.net .

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us