[NBLUG/talk] Linus responds to M$

matt matt at cfxnetworks.com
Thu May 17 10:41:06 PDT 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 09:40:03 Jack Smith wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Robert P. Thille <list-nblug-talk at rangat.org> wrote:
> > On May 16, 2007, at 9:29 PM, Tim Preston wrote:
> > > Without offering praise to the person let me say, "this is the person
> > > who has made millions, nay billions by wordsmithing around many
> > > rules or
> > > patents until he had enough money and power to quiet the
> > > complaints..."
> >
> > I don't understand.  Which "the person" are you talking about?  I
> > couldn't find your quoted text anywhere, and it's not clear to me
> > about whom you are speaking.  I certainly don't think Linus has made
> > billions by wordsmithing, and the article doesn't even mention Bill
> > G., who is the only person I can see where the quote applies.
> >
> > Robert
> >

> >From context and title, I would asume it to be something Linus has said
>
> about Bill...  But I can't find the quote either.
> Jack

Uh... I have a feeling that wasn't literally a quote. Many people use
quotation marks to represent figurative speech in text (or to create certain
tones).

--
Salud,
Matt
matt at cfxnetworks.com

Your Fortune:
4.2 BSD UNIX #57: Sun Jun 1 23:02:07 EDT 1986

You swing at the Sun.  You miss.  The Sun swings.  He hits you with a
575MB disk!  You read the 575MB disk.  It is written in an alien
tongue and cannot be read by your tired Sun-2 eyes.  You throw the
575MB disk at the Sun.  You hit!  The Sun must repair your eyes.  The
Sun reads a scroll.  He hits your 130MB disk!  He has defeated the
130MB disk!  The Sun reads a scroll.  He hits your Ethernet board!  He
has defeated your Ethernet board!  You read a scroll of "postpone until
Monday at 9 AM".  Everything goes dark...
		-- /etc/motd, cbosgd