[NBLUG/talk] Linus responds to M$

John Nouveaux john at nouveaux-solutions.com
Fri May 18 17:19:50 PDT 2007

At 4:57 PM -0700 5/18/07, Mark Janes wrote:
>While M$ is simply too big to ignore, Gates and his minions are not the
>omniscient beings they try to portray themselves as being. Way back
>when, Bill Himself couldn't imagine why anyone would ever need a hard
>drive bigger than 640 Mb;

At the risk of being pedantic...

The figure was 640 *KB* and...

There is *no* credible documented evidence of which I'm aware proving
Bill Gates having ever said this and, in fact, when questioned
directly Bill denies ever having said it.

Google away for lots of references to this, none which *prove* it to be true.

And whether Bill said this or not, it's been so oft repeated now it's
become one of those "facts by repetition" things which become "true"
by their very existence. This, of course, does not make them true.

By the by, I'm completely willing to admit I'm wrong on this in the
face of legitimate, credible evidence.

OK, back to bashing the innovation-pit which is Microsoft...
--

John Nouveaux

Seen on a T-shirt:
   So Few Men, So Few Who Can Afford Me