[NBLUG/talk] Weirdness: BIOS POST lockups

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Tue May 22 13:57:17 PDT 2007

On May 22, 2007, at 8:34 AM, Sean wrote:

> Have you run memtest86 or some other RAM checker? Perhaps move the RAM
> to different slots just in case one of the slots is having a problem?

I've had computers for about 25 years now, and until last year I
never had RAM go bad just sitting in a machine, but last year, one of
the two 512MB SODIMMs in my Powerbook G3 went bad.  I was glad I went
with a reputable seller (crucial), since the replacement was pretty
painless (once I figured out that's why my machine was crashing
intermitently...)

So, it certainly could be the RAM going bad.

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544