[NBLUG/talk] OLPC to scrap Linux for Windows..

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Wed Apr 23 14:15:51 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 01:50:07PM -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:
> Two more threads for your reading pleasure.
>
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-April/013039.html
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-April/013048.html

And a bit of blogging...

   http://www.olpcnews.com/people/negroponte/negroponte_is_further_gone.html

BTW, I got curious, and I run Fedora 8 on my desktop, so I did this:

   yum install sugar.x86_64

...because I thought I'd give it a look.  Looks like the dependencies forget
to include "numpy", but a "yum install numpy" cleared that up.

It seems to want to be the window manager, so I haven't seen it yet (except
for it asking me my name), but I'm heartened that Sugar is already in Fedora
8... :)

 -Scott