[NBLUG/talk] Servers rebooting every hour

Dean Roman droman at romansystems.com
Wed Feb 6 11:10:19 PST 2008

My $.02...
  Sounds like a renegade process, do the ps every few minutes and check
the last one that was saved just before it happened.
  Other things to consider:
  Hardware based:
    1) Memory issues can build up like this over time and panic your kernel.
    2) A hardware or software watchdog timer will reboot your machine like
this if it doesn't see what it needs to see.  ps/grep for anything
related to *watchdog*.  Check the bios for a watchdog setting.

Good luck!

Thanks,
  ---Dean.

--