[NBLUG/talk] Epson 3590 scanner

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:32:24 PST 2008

I got this site as a reference from a forum I found posted by someone
with a similar problem: http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/ . Not really
knowing how experienced with Linux you are, please forgive me if this
response seems simplistic :)

It lists your scanner as being supported. Check the bottom of the
page, and see if any of that helps you out. It goes over snapscan,
having to install sane and libusb, and how to get your system to
detect the device. It also goes into some detail on how libusb works
and what modules to NOT have loaded into the kernel.

Not sure what you've done, but I hope this helps. Another post I could
find was suggesting using xsane to scan, but I've seen the same type
of error with that, so I'm not sure it would help.

Another site gives an alternate way to run scanners:
http://khk.net/sane/libusb.html
(grabbed the link from http://www.groupsrv.com/linux/about7255.html)

Good luck!

Sean