[NBLUG/talk] More questions about RAID

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Sat Jan 5 12:52:38 PST 2008

It probably would have crashed anyway. The raid would have merrily
duplicated the bad information. RAID does not protect you from bad data.
If something introduces bad data into your file system the raid will be
very efficient in duplicating it to the other drive.

Which is the other big point. RAID is no replacement for regular backups.