[NBLUG/talk] [WLUG] Re: Microphones not working in Fedora 8

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:51:23 PST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 7:03 AM, Jerome Hall <jhall.geology at gmail.com> wrote:
> My experience with Ekiga has been very good, my wife and I used to to talk
> while she was in remote montana last summer.  Good codec support and easy to
> setup.  I am trying out the new KDE varaint sometime soon as it has come
> recommended, but so far I like Ekiga for targeted VOIP.  Skype is nice
> because alot of people use it, but Ekiga is much more powerful.
>
> Jerome

Any experience calling to/from landlines with it? Right now, Skype is
my only phone service.

What I've basically heard is that Ekiga and SIP are much nicer than
Skype's proprietary system, but that the commercial providers that
provide the SIP services I would need tend to suck. :-(

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu

Assembly language experience is [important] for the maturity and
understanding of how computers work that it provides.
                -- D. Gries