[NBLUG/talk] [NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting TOMORROW: Advantech FWA-660 Network Appliance

Scrappy Laptop scrappylaptop at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 14:01:56 PST 2008

Wow, now that's a feature-packed sbc inside the FWA-660.  If I've identified the board correctly, the cpu can be upgraded up to a PIII at 1.2Ghz (although I assume cooling would need modification).  All those GPIO's are fun, too...this ought to be a interesting presentation!

These are the links I found regarding the FWA-660 and the PCM-9578 inside (if I'm not mistaken, that is).

http://taiwan.advantech.com.tw/unzipfunc/Unzip/1-KJC4L/FWA-6X0%20Manual.pdf (if this one doesn't work directly, try:  http://taiwan.advantech.com.tw/support/sr_detail.asp?SR_ID=1%2DKJC42 )

http://taiwan.advantech.com.tw/unzipfunc/Unzip/1-CCRIN/PCM-9578%20startup%20ed1.pdf

http://taiwan.advantech.com.tw/unzipfunc/Unzip/1-EEE7E/PCM9578%20Users%20Manual%20Ed1%20draft4.pdf  (if this one doesn't work directly, try:  http://support.advantech.com.tw/support/DownloadSRDetail.aspx?SR_ID=1-EEE6 )

See ya' tomorrow!

Frank

Kyle Rankin <kyle at nblug.org> wrote: Start: 2008/01/08 - 7:30pm
End: 2008/01/08 - 9:00pm
Location:
O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA
http://nblug.org/genloc
Speaker: Paul Stagnoli and Brian Davidson

    Paul Stagnoli and Brian Davidson, of Exchange Bank, will be discussing
    hacking the Advantech FWA-660 network appliance. The FWA-660 specs
    include four Ethernet ports, a Celeron processor, up to 512 meg of ram,
    on-board USB and printer support, compact flash support, and a 30 gig
    hard drive.

    Paul will demonstrate how to install Ubuntu server onto the box via
    PXE.  Brian will discuss case mods he made to add USB and Printer
    support to the box.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President