[NBLUG/talk] [WLUG] I want to play Windows games on Fedora

Steven M Campbell lugwash at scampbell.net
Wed Jan 9 07:21:02 PST 2008

That's a bigger game than the game itself.  I've had my best luck just
running them under Wine, with the exception of WoW (which can run better
under Wine/Linux on a multicore than under Windows) you will not get the
performance of a dedicated game machine... even under a virtual machine
like full blown vmware games suffer.

With wine you have to make sure you have the 3d stuff all enabled on
your video card and not on your desktop manager (no 3d effects).