[NBLUG/talk] Hello

Jeff Hemminger jeff.hemminger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:51:58 PST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the list. I'm not actually in the North Bay, but I used to be
and I hope to return one day, and I know this list would be mo' betta than
any local list...

I work as a developer; java, php, c# mostly, and some python. And I'm what
you might consider a "recreational user" of linux. Most of the applications
I work with are deployed on linux ('cept the C# stuff I used to do,
obviously). I try to pick up as much as I can, but when it comes to actual
administration, I suck.

Hence my first question:

I've got a new suse 10x installation on a virtual machine I want to use to
do builds and deployment on a pet project. I want to install lynx, but I'm
getting rpm version problems. I looked in yast and didn't see lynx listed as
an option for me out of the box.
My lynx rpm is looking for libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and libssl.so.0.9.7.
I have an newer version of libssl installed. My question is, what do I do
now? Is there an easy way to install both libssl and crypto versions?  I
don't have or need gcc installed; do I need to do that and then compile my
own lynx?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Jeff Hemminger