[NBLUG/talk] EEEPc

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 1 21:11:09 PDT 2008

Steve Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:10 PM, steven smith <sjs at sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking about ordering one too.  I've seen 'em
>> for $250 on ebay with expanded memory and an 8G sdk chip.
>> I'm seriously considering one for travel purposes.  The
>> small display makes me a little reluctant though...
>>

> Yeah, I was a little worried the screen too, but after using the Nokia
> N810, I think this is going to seem huge haha

Actually, both devices have a resolution of 800x480, but because N810
has a 4.13 inch screen and the Eee has a 7 inch screen, physically, the
N810 has higher pixel density and the eyes will like the N810 a lot
better. Also, if you compare the OLPC XO's display (7 inches) with the
Eee PC, at 1200x900 XO's display looks way better.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University