[NBLUG/talk] EEEPc

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Jul 2 08:59:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> Actually, both devices have a resolution of 800x480, but because N810
> has a 4.13 inch screen and the Eee has a 7 inch screen, physically, the
> N810 has higher pixel density and the eyes will like the N810 a lot
> better. Also, if you compare the OLPC XO's display (7 inches) with the
> Eee PC, at 1200x900 XO's display looks way better.
>
> Sameer

I understand your logic here, but to me cramming 800 pixels into 4.3
inches, allthough gives a crisper image, that will look better, it
also makes everything smaller, so you have to practically plant the
N810 in your face..  Where now we are putting 800 pixels in 7 inches,
which gives you a larger viewing area, and you no longer have to have
the unit so close to your face.  It may not look as sharp (really, i
bet it wont be that bad), but you no longer have to strain to see the
tiny letters (as much)..  So the N810 may look better, but I think the
EEE will do better on my aging eyes.

Ever since I got Lasik, my vision has been awesome, I can see things
at a distance that others can't see at all.. But.. my close up vision
was degraded.. No enough to require reading glasses, but enough that
using the N810 was a problem (I also have an Nokia 770, but I had not
played with it since the surgery, but it will have the same issues, im
sure.).  I also lost some night vision, which I was told that after a
year, that my night vision will come back.

-Steve

--
"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment;
Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength." -