[NBLUG/talk] Interested in a talk on "CTL"?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Mar 18 07:51:56 PDT 2008

A fellow named Alex Honor recently spoke at the Sacramento Linux Users Group
and I heard it was a great talk, so I invited him to come out to LUGOD in
April.  He said he'd be interested in speaking at other groups as well.

Here's a quick summary from the LUGOD site:

  CTL is a new open source project for enterprise management, written
  in Java, but with bindings to Python, Perl, Ruby, shell, Javascript,
  and more. CTL is not an acronym; think of what 'apachectl' does for
  the Apache webserver, and imagine what such a tool might do for your
  entire enterprise and you've got CTL.

  About the Speaker:

  Alex Honor is open source project lead and principle architect at
  ControlTier. Formerly, he was head of E*trade system engineering, and
  carried them from dot boom to dot bomb and has been specializing in
  cradle to grave distributed enterprise software management ever since.

Would you guys be interested in booking him?  Let me know off-list and
I'll pass his contact info along to you.

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/