[NBLUG/talk] Gallery2 Example

Scrappy Laptop scrappylaptop at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 14:50:29 PDT 2008

Another possibility would be repurpose a photo-blog.  It can just as easily function as a full gallery, but with a lot more management features.  Installation is simple: time from inserting the Ubuntu Server CD to my first post on Wordpress was about two hours, a good part of which was due to customizing the settings and adding plugins.

1. Install Ubuntu server as a LAMP server (question at the end of the install)
2. Install WordPress
3. Install the YAPB (yet another photo blog) plugin.
4. Enjoy.

More info: http://codex.wordpress.org/Photoblogs_and_Galleries