[NBLUG/talk] interlace jitter with tovid

Bob Blick bobblick at ftml.net
Wed May 21 13:10:20 PDT 2008

Passing the parameter "-interlaced_bf" fixed the video - it forces tovid
to interpret the order of the fields properly as coming from a mini-dv
camcorder - bottom field first. (not) Funny how none of the "DV to DVD"
guides mentioned that.

Unfortunately the audio quit after 23 minutes. There was a dropout on
the original tape, the camcorder got jostled, but for some reason the
transcoding process didn't recover. So I ended up doing the transcoding
under Windows and it worked fine there. Darn. Give it another 5 years.

Cheerful regards,

Bob