[NBLUG/talk] Fedora Install help

Walter Coole wcoole at bcoole.com
Fri May 23 11:39:33 PDT 2008

Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong with a Fedora 7 install?

The current symptom is that I select "Install or Update an existing
System", the screen blanks and the message at the top says "LOADING";
I'm fairly patient, but after 16hrs of no change, I'm thinking it's stuck.

This is a DVD I burnt from the x86_64 iso from the UC Davis mirror.  The
SHA was OK and the disk passes the FC6 media check, so I don't think
it's a simple data error.  I'm thinking of downloading the Fedora 8
image, but my DSL is doing a fine impression of a tree sloth, so in the
meantime, I'm hoping someone less clueless than I can give me some guidance.

Maybe I should go to the next InstallFest, but I'm kind of vague about
when that might be.

In case anyone's interested, my end goal is virtualization: a couple of
Fedora hosts and a couple of Windoze hosts running on a single hardware
box.  My current approach is Xen, with Fedora 7 as the host OS, but
given my repeated failures, I'm open to other approaches.

Thanks in advance!