[NBLUG/talk] KOWS - Linux Radio

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Fri May 23 12:32:41 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 01:31:59PM -0700, silika wrote:
> Greetings All
> Cal recommended that I post this question here, so read on...
>
> Problems with www.*rivendellaudio*.org
> This is Radio Station Control software for KOWS-lp, Commooonity Radio
> for Occidental and West Sonoma County, 107.3 fm,
> We've built a SuSe Linux box to run the Radio Station, The Problem is, I
> can't get Rivendell to install.
> We've downloaded all the RPMs from the website specific to SuSe 10.2
>
> The Rivendell installer fails, looking for something called HPKLINUX
> (AudioScience HPI Driver RPM Package for Default Kernel)

There's an RPM for that on rivendell's download page.
/suse/102/hpklinux-3.06.03_2.6.18.8-0.9-default-1.i586.rpm

If you do indeed have it with the other RPMs and the installer still can't
find it, then I'd guess it could be a bug with the installer script. grep
the script for 'hpklinux' and make sure it's correctly referencing your
RPM.  Thar's a lot of digits in that thar RPM.

If that still fails, I'd get on the rivendell mailing list(s) and ask
around.

good luck... a Linux Journal article from a year or two ago made it seem
quite the cool project.

-t