[NBLUG/talk] Acer Aspire One

Paul Peterson subrosa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:48:05 PST 2008

Steve,

I picked up the little 8gb SSD model the other day. It runs 8.10
perfectly....well it did until one of the updates caused the wireless
to quit working.  It mostly works out of the box, which was somewhat
disappointing, I was looking forward to the challenge :)

I really wished I had picked up your model, the combo of the slow SSD
and 512mb of RAM cause 8.10 to run rather slow on the platform. To
upgrade the RAM is a nightmare, striped a couple of screws and gave
up. I have a bunch of links I will try and put up later. Overall I
would say that this is an awesome little machine and a great value for
the money.

-Paul