[NBLUG/talk] Kubuntu resets screen resolution to 640x480 after restart

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:02:00 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Lincoln Peters <anfrind at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I could stop by their house, I could probably go into their xorg
> configuration and set everything up correctly, but it's almost a
> two-hour drive in each direction, and I really don't think I could
> talk either of them through editing xorg.conf by hand over the phone.
> Does anyone know why this might have happened, and/or an easier way to
> fix it than editing xorg.conf by hand?

I'm assuming that there are some NAT, firewall, or dynamic IP issues
that keep you from SSHing in to look at the conf yourself? ("I edited
the conf file remotely. Log out, hit ctrl+alt+backspace, log in again,
and see if you can select a higher resolution now.")

/me is no longer in the north bay, either. :-(

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu
Vice President, Cal Poly Linux Users' Group
http://www.cplug.org