[NBLUG/talk] Fedora board meeting, etc.

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Tue Sep 9 13:11:03 PDT 2008

Hi,

I attended the (virtual) Fedora board meeting, and all my questions ended up
getting answered, save one:  have they found the hole, and has it been
plugged?

While I'm currently a bit uneasy about the integrity of Fedora, I'm going to
stay with it for now.  Meanwhile, the latest update can be found here:

   http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-September/msg00006.html

Which I suggest reading, but also has this link:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Enabling_new_signing_key

Apparently the new fedora-release rpm will be pushed either today or
tomorrow.

I mean, seriously, I was holding their feet to the fire, but they wouldn't
divulge anything about the incident -- including whether or not the hole(s)
is plugged yet. :(

The explanation they gave is that their hands were tied by Red Hat legal, as
well as law enforcement.  But asking that they go back to legal/LE and
explain to them the special needs of the Fedora community:  got me pretty much
nowhere.

Anyway, that's my perspective on the Fedora front... hth.

 -Scott