[NBLUG/talk] Anyone having trouble with mplayer lately?

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 08:46:46 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Jack Smith <jack.delbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 12:39:17PM -0400, Jack Smith wrote:
>> >    It's started locking up on me while playing an anime.  Anyone having
>> this
>> >    trouble?
>>
>> I've had probs recently where it'll start playing, and then stop
>> immediately.
>> (As though it's paused.)
>>
>> If I hit space a few times, or left/right to skip around, it usually
>> picks up, but often not for long.

Found a workaround.  Someone out on the web dropped back a version on the
kernel and it worked fine.  I did the same thing and it's working for me
too.  2.6.29.6-217.2.3.fc11.x86_64 was the one giving me trouble and
2.6.29.5-191.fc11.x86_64 is working fine.

--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.