[NBLUG/talk] Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0, 0)

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Tue Jan 27 16:58:35 PST 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 13:36, Kyle Rankin wrote:

> I wouldn't go that far just yet. It might help if I knew exactly how far
> along the boot process went before it died. Ie. did the kernel and initrd
> load? Did it start booting after that?

Kyle,

Yes, it is booting after the kernel and initrd.

It's zipping by very fast, and none of the standard console commands freeze
the process, but it looks like the first two lines are the kernel and initrd.

Several dozen to a hundred lines fly by, allocations for EISA resources, irqs
for ports, NET: Registered protocol families, etc. So, I think the kernel and
initrd are loading.

Robert