[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu upgrade question

Emanuel R e.rasolof at flowingsun.org
Thu Jun 4 10:03:44 PDT 2009

Hi all,
Just an question about an upgrade if I may.
I am currently using Ubuntu 7.10 and would like to upgrade to a more
recent version, definitely LTS this time.
It is suggested to do all the updates before a version upgrade. However,
I apparently missed the deadline for the 7.10 repository support and now
I am not able to download the latest software updates for 7.10.

Since I haven't been able to find other repositories for that version, I
am wondering how critical it is to install all the updates first before
upgrading?

I welcome any comments and suggestions. I am fairly new to Linux and
don't really want to switch back to Windows full time.

Thank you.
Emanuel