[NBLUG/talk] OLPC-SF Community Summit 2009

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Nov 13 11:56:00 PST 2009

We (OLPC-SF) are planning a community summit on the 21st of November,
2009. This will mirror a OLPC NYC event in New York. One on the East
coast, and one on the West coast!

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2009
or http://tinyurl.com/olpcsf-summit

The event will be an "unconference" with a "Birds of a feather"
flavor. Please use the wiki or olpcsf mailing list to propose topics,
presentations, panels, etc. and make this *your* event.

We usually have a problem at the meetings where the topic is too
deployment-centric or too technical, and others feel left out. At this
event, we'll have parallel sessions for "Education" Technology" and
"Outreach" (we have three rooms) so that you can pick the ones you
like and skip the ones you don't!

Many of the deployment teams have also agreed to take part in one way
or the other. So, start racking your brains and propose topics.
Anything OLPC and Sugar related goes. Curriculum, Deployment tips and
tricks, School Servers, Python hackery, Moodle, Sugar on a Stick, etc.
Make it sing! See current list of topics at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2009#Presenters_and_Facilitators

We'll also have the XO 1.5 unit (a hardware-refreshed version of XO1)
at the event.

Please RSVP either on the wiki page http://tinyurl.com/olpcsf-summit
or http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4882827/CA/San-Francisco/OLPC-SF-Community-Summit-2009/
or http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=175393431869

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems