[NBLUG/talk] North Bay Internet Society Second Life talk

Jim Oser oserj at oserconsulting.com
Mon Nov 16 11:31:49 PST 2009

I thought I knew about all the great groups that meet at O'Reilly's. I have attended the nocat group, the North Bay Linux Group, the Sonoma County System Administrator group,  and at least one Mac meeting there. Well, last month, I found out about another group there, and they have asked me to be this month's speaker.

I am giving a mostly nontechnical talk about Second Life to the North Bay Internet Society on Thursday, November 19 at O'Reilly's  in Sebastopol. Doors open at 6:30, meeting starts at 7 and runs until 9.

I will be talking among other things about my international experiences using Second Life to learn German. Other people are using Second Life to learn Spanish and English. There are colleges that are offering courses on Second Life.  IBM is using it to have virtual meetings for their employees. Cisco is using it for virtual conferences. Disabled people are using it to have a Second Life.

My real life co-speaker,  Erik Gordon Bainbridge writes a Second Life column for www.examiner.com    at  http://www.examiner.com/x-4734-Second-Life-Examiner

http://www.northbayinternetsociety.com/

http://northbayinternetsociety.com/post/41943-november-19-meeting-second-life

Yes, there is even a free version of Second Life for Linux.

http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/?lang=en-US

JIm

Jim Oser
Oser Computer Solutions