[NBLUG/talk] Cell Tower Upgrades in Sebastopol - Update

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Wed Dec 7 11:26:12 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 09:08:43AM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Sorry I  missed this... Btw has anyone at a council meeting or
> otherwise tried to comprehensively debunk the folks worry about EMF and
> human health?

Here's a post (from Dane Jasper, probably) a few years back:
http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2008/03/23/sebastopol-voids-wi-fi-contract/

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs296/en/
"A number of studies have been conducted where EHS individuals were exposed
to EMF similar to those that they attributed to the cause of their
symptoms. The aim was to elicit symptoms under controlled laboratory
conditions.

The majority of studies indicate that EHS individuals cannot detect EMF
exposure any more accurately than non-EHS individuals. Well controlled and
conducted double-blind studies have shown that symptoms were not correlated
with EMF exposure."

I can't imagine that someone hasn't tried the scientific approach on these
folks yet but I think we're running into the phenomenon (I forget the name)
where arguing rationally with someone who has deep-set beliefs about a
topic just leads to them digging in more deeply to hold on to their
position.