[NBLUG/talk] GUI tools to install RPMs on remote hosts?

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Tue Jun 7 14:18:00 PDT 2011

Hi Lincoln,

I don't have a good answer to your question; but if you get stuck having
to use x11 forwarding, try using the -C switch to SSH. :-)

-Scott

Lincoln Peters <anfrind at gmail.com> wrote:

    I know there are GUI frontends to yum, such as KPackageKit, that I can use on RPM-based systems to manage and install packages.  But does anyone know of such a GUI tool that can do that on a remote host?
    Google hasn't turned up anything, but it doesn't seem like it should be a particularly unusual problem.

    If possible, I'd like to avoid using X11 forwarding or VNC to run a
    GUI tool on the remote host because it's connected to a slow DSL line.

    Thanks.

    --
    Lincoln Peters
    <anfrind at gmail.com>